Thursday, January 10, 2008

Update

Rhett and I have both been missing home quite a bit lately. There's nothing like going away to make you appreciate the things of home! Don't get me wrong, it's a really good experience being down here and the people have been really welcoming, but nothing beats home!

Today we went to see the movie 'I am Legend'. From an objective point of view I thought it was a really well-made film, particularly with the lack of 'over-the-top-ness' and the creation of suspense. And Will Smith was awesome. But really, it was more Rhett's cup of tea than mine!

Other than that I have been reading a lot (just finished 'Assassin's Apprentice', and now onto Douglas Coupland's 'The Gum Thief') and planning school stuff. I am really excited to get back to work and put all my plans into action!

I never really noticed how much of 'routine' person I was until the routine stopped. I have decided to start getting up at the same time each morning.

We went and visited Te Papa on Tuesday and really enjoyed it! My favourite bit was the art gallery section. Got a few photo's but was unsure whether you were or weren't allowed to take them so I laid off a bit. I've always wanted to go to Te Papa so I'm glad I've finally done that!

Anyway, not too much else to report from the last few days. Looking forward to the better weather....

No comments: